Where are the social media icon paths located in 1.7.1 style.css?

• Anonymous

Hi All,

After updating to 1.7.1 my custom social media icons lost. Where can I find the path definitions of the default icons now?

Thanks in advance…

Anonymous

Are you referring to the ones in your top header bar? With your search box?

I can see them fine. Try hitting Ctrl+F5 to hard-refresh your browser window.

NOTE: I do see the text “skype” over your skype icon. I am using Opera (not sure if it displays the same in other browsers).

Anonymous

Sorry, I see what you are asking.

Just re-upload your custom icons… and enter the new URL into the box for the corresponding icon’s image path.

Anonymous

Dear Josh,

I don’t see what you mean.

In Graphene 1.7, I replaced the default social media icons via my custom ‘style.css’ like this:

‘.mysocial { background: url(images/social_rss_icon_white.png) no-repeat top left; width: 32px; height: 32px; }

.mysocial-icon { width: 32px; height: 32px; }

.social-facebook{ background-image: url(images/social_facebook_icon_white.png); }

and so on…’

Now I cannot find these classes in the new version (1.7.1) css file, so I don’t know where the icon definitions come from.

What do you mean to re-upload my custom icons? They are still located in my graphene-child directory, I just don’t know how to refer to them…

And what do you mean “enter the new URL into the box for the corresponding icon’s image path”?

Anonymous

Yeah, I just updated to 1.7.1 and didn’t see those .social-(media) classes. I used to use sprite image for those social media icons. It is somewhere useless now without the classes. It is probably using img tag for getting icons instead of background CSS. I didn’t get enough time to look into it. I’ll look for a solution ASAP.

Anonymous

Yeah, that’s what I’m talking about, Prasanna!

Thank you in advance for your efforts.

Anonymous

What is it exactly you are trying to do? Use custom images for your social sharing icons?

Anonymous

Yes.

Anonymous

We can use custom images for social media icons. But, with each icon having a class name, we could use a single sprite image for all social media icons.

Anonymous

Why not just upload it via the “top bar” settings in the admin panel.

Instead of selecting youtube, or facebook… select custom.

That will open the icon url box for a custom icon.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!