WordPress 3.4.1

• Candi

I logged into wpadmin at the site: http://www.american-hi-tek.com. After logging in I chose to update to WordPress 3.4.1 which it did. But in doing so I lost my ability to access wpadmin, it is redirecting me to the actual site to a 404 error saying it cannot find wpadmin.

Mod

Kenneth John Odle

Try:

http://american-hi-tek.com/wp-login.php

works for me.

It could be one of the plugins you are running on that site is not compatible with the new version of WP.

(BTW: the quotation marks at the bottom are superfluous.)

You have an identical post with this same issue. Is that an error? Do you need it deleted?

Prasanna SP

Removed the duplicate thread.

Candi

Mr. Odle

Yes there was a duplicate post. When I realized I had used the wrong thread I immediately deleted that one and re-posted to the correct thread. Not sure what question marks you are referring to. I usually end a question with a question mark. I was ill yesterday and had shaky hands so may have had more than one. So sorry if it insulted you. It seems that I always tend to insult you when you end up being the moderator when I need help. Or maybe you are just a sarcastic person, but I do not appreciate the sarcasm.

Thank you Prasana for deleting the duplicate thread. I love your theme and am hoping to be able to donate in the future. You have done a good job. I will attempt to not ask for help in the future. Better yet, please let me know when Mr. Odle works and I will not ask for help then since I insult him so much.

Mod

Kenneth John Odle

Quote:
    Yes there was a duplicate post. When I realized I had used the wrong thread I immediately deleted that one and re-posted to the correct thread.

The reason I asked is because the other one was marked “resolved”. So I wasn’t sure if you had figured this out, or if it was still an open issue for you.

Quote:
    Not sure what question marks you are referring to.

I was talking about these:

scEem.png

Prasanna SP

Nobody here is a sarcastic person. Sometimes we just get a bit annoyed by repeated questions and people who are not willing to follow the directions and guidelines. It’s all normal. Not everyone in this world cooperates with the helping hand. We don’t take it as an insult. It’s just their normal behavior while dealing with other people.

Nobody in the world got all the knowledge by birth. We’ve learned these things at some point and now sharing the knowledge with others, in hoping that they will also do the same in the upcoming days. So, it is not at all insulting to ask questions and discuss the issues you are facing. By doing this, you are not only getting solutions, but helping to improve our knowledge as well.. You are always welcome to ask help in the forum as long as you obey the Forum Rules.

Prasanna SP

She misread quotation marks as question marks. 🙂

Candi

As I said when I realized I had posted to the wrong thread I tried to correct the issue. I thought I could avoid a problem by closing that thread thinking it would delete it and re=posted to the new thread. I am sorry it did not work.

I obviously need help or I would not post here. In fact because of the issue with Mr. Odle I went through 18 pages of the forum trying to get an answer before writing (in those 18 pages I did not see him be as rude to anyone as he has been to me). His rudeness makes me so uncomfortable that I am now looking for a different theme which upsets me because I really like this theme. I do not have time or patience at this point of my life to deal with people like that. I grew out of that decades ago and at 50 it just seems stupid to have to deal with it anymore. I understand children and teens acting like that but not adults and especially not people who moderate forums. I work in tech support also and would never treat a client so rudely, (paid or unpaid).

Being smart is a gift, it does not give you the right to attack others.

I have some sites built with your theme that I may need support on in the future, please do not have Mr. Odle respond to them.

Candi

Quote:

Not sure what question marks you are referring to.

I was talking about these:

I do not like how that looks also but that was written by the client, not myself.

Mod

Kenneth John Odle

I have just gone through every thread you have started here, and I cannot find any instance where I felt that I was rude to you, or that I attacked you. Since insult, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, I apologize for any instance where you feel I insulted you. (And I wouldn’t mind it if you linked to it, either. I am truly keen to see.)

Quote:
    I went through 18 pages of the forum trying to get an answer before writing

Thank you for that. I have often answered the same question day after day, just because people were unaware that by a simple search, they could have had the solution they were looking for without waiting for a response from someone on this forum.

Quote:
    His rudeness makes me so uncomfortable that I am now looking for a different theme which upsets me because I really like this theme.

If you like the theme, you should stick with it. I doubt that you will find another theme that is as easily adaptable, in as constant development, and is so well supported, as Graphene.

Quote:
    I have some sites built with your theme that I may need support on in the future, please do not have Mr. Odle respond to them.

This theme and this forum are not businesses. They are available to whomever wants to make use of them at no cost. Everybody here volunteers their time, their knowledge, and their energy. My time is extremely limited, so I do not often sugarcoat my responses. I get in, say what needs to be said, and get out. I reckon that others’ time is as valuable to them as mine is to me, so I don’t want to waste it.

If, after reading this, you do not want me to respond to your help requests, I will very gladly comply with that. There are other people (not just on this forum, but on others, as well as in real life) who also need my assistance.

@prasanna:

Quote:
    She misread quotation marks as question marks. 🙂

And when I read her reply, I misread question marks as quotation marks. It seems to go both ways. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!