Update to 1.8.3 messed up website display

• rainharvest

Hi, I updated to 1.8.3 and now my website display is all over the place. My website is http://www.rainharvest.co.za and I have the latest WordPress 3.5.1. My hosting company wants to “restore a recent backup of the domain. Kindly note, when restoring a backup, we have to terminate the account on our server and restore the whole domain like it was on the day of the backup.” Is there a way around this as I really don’t want to lose work as I rely on this website for my income. Your advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Alistair

Mod

Kenneth John Odle

Your website looks fine to me. Try refreshing your browser cache (and server cache if you’re using one).

If that doesn’t solve the problem, please try to be more specific than “my website display is all over the place”. Thanks.

Your hosting company’s response seems like a bit of overkill. But in all fairness, most (that is, all) hosting companies are pretty hopeless at helping with WordPress issues.

rainharvest

Looks ok now because my hosting company restored to last backup…lost 6 days of work 🙁 FYI 5 hours ago, there were no widgets visible and the text of the article content was scattered and disjointed, so yes, there was no other way to describe it other than “all over the place”. Anyway, too late now. This is the second time this has happened when updating the Graphene theme. Not blaming Graphene, it’s probably a WordPress issue but I think in future I should wait a few weeks before updating either as hopefully glitches will have been sorted out.

Mod

Kenneth John Odle

Quote:
    Not blaming Graphene, it’s probably a WordPress issue

Probably a hosting issue as this does not happen to the vast majority of us. Not all hosts are created equal, and judging from their solution, your host seems a little less than equal.

Mod

Kenneth John Odle

Quote:
    there were no widgets visible and the text of the article content was scattered and disjointed

This actually tells us something. We can work with this.

rainharvest

Hi Kenneth, thank you for your replies. In future, I will be more specific about any problems. My hosting company insists that it is a compatibility issue between WordPress and Graphene but as you say, nobody else seems to have had the same problem so it must be a hosting issue :-/ Thanks anyway. Cheers, Alistair.

Admin

Syahir Hakim

I agree, your host’s solution is an overkill (but also the easy way out for them). In the future, at least give us some time to actually have the chance to look at the issue and see if we can help you work it out.

rainharvest

Quote:
    I agree, your host’s solution is an overkill (but also the easy way out for them). In the future, at least give us some time to actually have the chance to look at the issue and see if we can help you work it out.

Thanks Syahir

Admin

Syahir Hakim

Marking thread as resolved. You can do this yourself as well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.