Update to 1.5.3 Menu Order

• Anonymous

Thanks for the fix!

hanabel

Hi,

I fixed this, but it broke with the last update. I have a child theme. Is there a way I can neatly fix it in my child theme? Or will this get fixed in the base Graphene theme?

I’m not sure why people wouldn’t want page ordering fixed in the base theme.

Can anyone advise me the best way to keep this fixed for my clients after I leave them with their site? (They’re a small nonprofit on a budget–they need to be able to update the base theme without worry without regular techie.)

Thanks!

hanabel

Yeah, it appears that in the latest version of functions.php, the whole

'sort_column' => 'menu_order, post_title',

line is entirely missing. Is this going to be fixed? I don’t want the org I’m building for to update their theme one day and lose their page order. How can I move this to the child theme if it’s not going to be fixed?

Thanks!

Edited to add: Oh wait, maybe Josh was just saying that. I’m confused. Right now, child pages don’t list in order on parent pages. Help?

Anonymous

@ Hanabel,

This should have been fixed in the update. Have you re-checked your page order numbers from within your admin panel?

Admin

Syahir Hakim

Quote:
    Yeah, it appears that in the latest version of functions.php, the whole […] line is entirely missing. Is this going to be fixed?

That whole line was removed intentionally, since the wp_list_pages() function by default already sorts the pages by the page order first, and then alphabetically by name. Removing that line both fixes the issue and avoids redundancy.

hanabel

The page orders are set correctly. They’re ordered correctly in the admin, and in the drop-down menus. Just not on the parent page.

I am using a very light child theme. When I switch back to the Graphene base theme, the page order is correct. I followed your instructions (linked on this forum) for creating a child theme to the letter. I think I have a child loop-children.php file, and I’m wondering if that’s the culprit. In which case, I’m sorry I bugged you, but I appreciate the help. I will look into it when next I’m working and see if that’s the problem.

Thank you!

Anonymous

You’re fine 🙂

Okay, what is your site again?

Also, please post your loop-children.php file here for me to see. Remember to enclose the code with backticks.

hanabel

Okay, in the updated loop-children.php file, there’s this:

/* Get the child pages */

$args = array(

'post_parent' => $post->ID,

'orderby' => 'menu_order title',

'order' => 'ASC',

'post_type' => 'page',

'posts_per_page' => -1

);

$pages = new WP_Query( apply_filters('graphene_child_pages_args', $args ) );

My child theme loop-children.php file has a comma between menu_order and title, like this:

'orderby' => 'menu_order, title',

Which one is correct?

hanabel

Here’s an example of an offending page:

http://bbhousing.dreamhosters.com/about/

Thanks!

Anonymous

The new one. Change your child one to the way the new theme has it.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 32 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.