Theme update question?

  • jajo1602

    #4749

    Great theme. In the new theme version I updated the header size was larger. If I want to keep the version of the theme I had been using will that create a problem when it comes time to update WordPress?

    Admin

    Syahir Hakim

    #29065
    Quote:
    In the new theme version I updated the header size was larger.

    Which new theme version?

    Quote:
    If I want to keep the version of the theme I had been using will that create a problem when it comes time to update WordPress?

    Nope.

    jajo1602

    #29066

    Great to hear. The update version is 1.7.2. I will just use the older version. I have purchased 2 premium themes from other developers and was disappointed with their outcome. Your theme has been great for me. Where or how do I donate to your work?

    Admin

    Syahir Hakim

    #29067

    There shouldn’t be any changes to the header size in version 1.7.2. Can you provide the URL to your site so that I can take a look?

    As for donation, there’s donate button in the theme’s options page. Thanks!

    Busaboss

    #29068

    If I update my theme, will it override the colors I set up in the site? and other changes? thanks..

    Prasanna SP

    #29069

    If I update my theme, will it override the colors I set up in the site? and other changes?

    No, they are saved in database.

    Busaboss

    #29070

    So it means that the theme will be upgraded but the looks of my site will stay the same? thanks

    Admin

    Syahir Hakim

    #29071
    Quote:
    So it means that the theme will be upgraded but the looks of my site will stay the same? thanks

    As long as you make the customisations via the theme’s options page or via a child theme, you should be fine.

    A theme update will replace all of the theme’s files, so as long as you do not make changes to any of the theme’s files, those changes should stay intact.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.