Theme Error: Memory exhausted

  • post

    #5314

    Hello

    I updated to 1.8 couple of minutes ago and received the following error.

    The theme has encountered a problem that it cannot recover from. Please use the following information to try to resolve the problem.

    Error Code: php_code_error:1:/home1/alifbili/public_html/bebekveben/wp-includes/wp-db.php:1124:Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24 bytes)

    Message: A fatal code error occurred.

    Increasing memory as suggested here doesnt work

    http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

    Would you please help me with that?

    Mod

    Kenneth John Odle

    #31578
    Quote:
    Seems to get this error even with a plug. Because when I change the plugin folder, everything works. Then when I change it back then change the folder from plugin2 to the plug, then plug-up then shortly there after that message pops up that I mentioned above.

    I’m not quite sure what you mean by all that. It sounds like you are disabling all your plugins at once by renaming your plugin folder, correct? And then everything works fine with no error messages.

    If that is the case, then there is a plugin conflict at work here:

    http://blog.kjodle.net/2012/06/15/disable-your-wordpress-plugins/

    abdl86

    #31579

    Yes. But how can i get the problem when i upgrade to 1.8?

    Admin

    Syahir Hakim

    #31580

    OK try this. Open up the theme’s file admin/db-updater.php, and then remove this line (line 29):

    graphene_convert_meta();

    abdl86

    #31581
    Quote:
    OK try this. Open up the theme’s file admin/db-updater.php, and then remove this line (line 29):

    graphene_convert_meta();

    Should i do that before the update? What do this help?

    Admin

    Syahir Hakim

    #31582

    Update first, then edit the admin/db-updater.php file to remove that line. Try and let me know if you’re still getting memory exhausted error.

    abdl86

    #31583

    Now it work. So way was that the problem?

    Admin

    Syahir Hakim

    #31584
    Quote:
    I dont find that files.

    The file is in the Graphene theme’s folder.

    abdl86

    #31585
    Quote:
    I dont find that files.

    The file is in the Graphene theme’s folder.

    I have find it now. And it working when i delete: graphene_convert_meta();

    So what was the problem whit that?

    Admin

    Syahir Hakim

    #31586

    Version 1.8 uses a new structure in saving the theme’s custom fields for each posts and pages (post-specific options like slider image, date display, etc.). This new structure reduces the number of database query for each post.

    However, to avoid resetting all the post-specific options that you may have set prior to version 1.8, the old structure needs to be updated to the new structure. That’s what the graphene_convert_meta() function is for.

    The problem was that the function attempts to update the structure for all posts and pages at one go, so if you have a lot of posts and pages, it’s not unlikely that the memory usage spikes and hence you get that memory exhausted error. This was supposed to be a one-off thing, so I wasn’t expecting that memory spike to be a problem in terms of performance.

    In any case, this will be changed in version 1.8.1, where the function will update the theme’s custom fields structure for each post as the custom fields for that particular post are requested. This should get rid of the memory spike while still updating the old structure to the new one so you won’t lose your post- and page-specific settings.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.