Search Engine Indexing adding Site Title on Posts
I hate asking questions, but I’m out of ideas on this one. I think I’m having a conflict problem with Yoast’s seo plugin. I had this problem before, several months ago, and Syahir told me how to stop the theme from interfering by putting this into the child functions.php file
<?php //Remove theme styles
remove_filter( 'wp_title', 'graphene_title' );
add_action( 'init', 'my_remove_filter' );
That did the trick for quite awhile. I have version 1.8.3 installed. I haven’t upgraded to 1.8.4 yet because everything I needed works well with the version I have, and I have so many things going on with the child theme.
To be very specific about the problem:
- The homepage indexes correctly (as I have set in the SEO plug-in)
- The category pages index just perfect (as I have set in the SEO plug-in)
- Pages index pefectly (as I have set in the SEO plug-in)
- But….the Posts themselves are set to display ONLY the title of the post, but what I’m getting is the post name, followed by the addition of a hyphen and the site title.
If you do a search in Google for these words, the first one should be it, and you will see the addition of “- Made Worthy”
rocks and stones their biblical significance
When I check the URLs with Google’s rich snippets tool, everything shows up perfect, so I can’t figure why it is indexing wrong.
Any ideas? I can’t understand why it is showing up correctly in Google’s checker, and I do not know how else to possibly duplicate the problem to see what could be happening.
Thanks for any help guys.
P.S. I asked for some help on Yoast’s WP support site, and I know everyone will say, “well it’s free and it works good and Yoast works hard,” but Yoast’s plug-in has NO support and I’m seriously thinking of switching to the All-In-One.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.