Removing static post page
I am a newbie. Please excuse the basic questions.
I am trying to build a site (www.sezer-tech.com) for a friend.
When choosing a static homepage the theme requires that I also designate a post-page.
In my case “Home” is the homepage and “Showcase” is the post page.
1) How do I eliminate this? (If I only want static pages, I do not want posts)
2) If I do use a post-page – How do I eliminate post titles in that page?
Thank you in advance,Mod
Thank you very much Kenneth for the answer. However, I am having a slightly different problem (or perhaps I am just too novice to get it…):
The template “makes” me designate a post-page when I designate a static homepage.
Then that page appears on my site (on the top menu) – In my case the “showcase” page in http://www.sezer-tech.com.
Can I not have that page appear there? Or can I somehow not designate a post-page?
Thank you again,Mod
Thank you again Kenneth. That really almost did the trick. I added a custom menu to the “Graphene top menu” area (by using a widget). However, now under the menu there are still links to the original menu (appearing as text links):
Do you perhaps know how do I remove these?
Thank you for getting me this far!
It is still not working… And it does not matter whether I change the “Graphene default menu” or “Graphene top menu”. In both cases I get the the following two problems:
1) I get the writing I mentioned
2) I cannot “not” have the posts page appear. If I leave it out of the custom menu, it still appears on its own for some reason…
What am I doing wrong???Admin
You’re making it way more difficult than it is. Have a read through Ken’s tutorial on Custom Menu and you’ll figure it out.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.