Questions about improving site
AnonymousOctober 26, 2011 at 4:33 am #2133
I’m new to WordPress (was using Blogger for several years) and am still learning. Not knowing PHP, I have stumbled around and setup my site TribeDesi.com with Graphene 1.5.4 – and have a few questions:
1. I have read through the various forums, but it appears there is no elegant way to have different plugins on different pages (I tried Widget Logic, but couldn’t get it to work. Am going to try Widget Context)
2. What is the best way to add a page for Premium content (I know how to add a page) which would be protected by a login – using facebook, twitter or Google Oauth?
3. How can I display pages (eg “Culture”) which can show posts with category “culture” checked?
4. For future purpose, I would like to create a page for eCommerce, eg tickets, using Paypal.
Thanks in advance. If someone can help me do all this, I would be happy to paypal some money.
AnonymousOctober 26, 2011 at 5:22 am #18872
1. Keep trying plugins until you find what you are looking for. The graphene template allows you to show different widget areas on your homepage than on the rest of your site. But you would need a plugin if you want to show different widgets on different pages. You might want to give this one a try: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/display-widgets/
2. Each page or post will have an option to do this. On the edit screen for a post or page, in the “Publish” box, you will see something called “visibility”. Click the “edit” word, and choose “password protected”.
3. Create a new category in your Posts menu. Then, as you create posts for this category, make sure to tick the box for the appropriate category. Next, in the “Menus” tab, add the category you want to display the posts from.
4. Again, lots of plugins for this. Start here: http://wordpress.org/search/commerce
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.