Please help me fix this

  • Johnny Cache

    #7069

    Hi,

    Love this theme. Was using it before, when somehow everything got messed up (error message would show at the top of the site related to the theme), and I had to delete my whole website. So now I’m recreating it.

    For starters – I created a post specifically for the slider so that it would only show the image I put in the post (no text), but it isn’t centered. I also have to find some way to hide that post now, and also make it so clicking the image doesn’t take you to the image.

    Also, how do I hide the calender, “uncategorized”, and the tag thing from posts?

    Do you have a PayPal address I can send money to if I want to donate?

    Admin

    Syahir Hakim

    #36762
    Quote:
    For starters – I created a post specifically for the slider so that it would only show the image I put in the post (no text), but it isn’t centered. I also have to find some way to hide that post now, and also make it so clicking the image doesn’t take you to the image.

    Graphene Options > Slider Options > Slider display style > Background image and excerpt.

    Quote:
    Also, how do I hide the calender, “uncategorized”, and the tag thing from posts?

    Graphene Options > Display > Posts Display Options.

    Quote:
    Do you have a PayPal address I can send money to if I want to donate?

    Graphene Options, right side.

    Johnny Cache

    #36763
    Quote:
    Graphene Options > Slider Options > Slider display style > Background image and excerpt.

    Ya, this doesn’t work.

    I already have just the image showing, which is what I want. However, it is not centered in the slider (it is in the post). Making the slider refer to a page rather than a post solves the “don’t show the post” problem. However, clicking the image still opens it, which is not what I want, and is not how I had it set up previously.

    Quote:
    Graphene Options > Display > Posts Display Options.

    This was correct, thank you.

    Admin

    Syahir Hakim

    #36764
    Quote:
    I already have just the image showing, which is what I want. However, it is not centered in the slider (it is in the post). Making the slider refer to a page rather than a post solves the “don’t show the post” problem. However, clicking the image still opens it, which is not what I want, and is not how I had it set up previously.

    Which is why I suggested for you to use the “Background image and excerpt” display style for the slider, cause then it’ll be easy to remove the link on the image and the button.

    Johnny Cache

    #36765

    Ok, I set the pic as featured image for the page, selected that, and changed it to what you suggested, and it shows. Clicking on the image now just takes you to an empty post, which isn’t really optimal, but I’m sure you have a step two in mind.

    Any idea how to make the image centered?

    Johnny Cache

    #36766

    It has to be centered, or it looks stupid.

    Mod

    Kenneth John Odle

    #36767
    Quote:
    somehow everything got messed up (error message would show at the top of the site related to the theme), and I had to delete my whole website. So now I’m recreating it.

    It is better to figure out how to handle the error, rather than just starting over again. You tend to keep running into the same problems that way.

    Link to your site?

    Johnny Cache

    #36768

    All I did to break my site last time was change a color in the color settings. It happened again already, but I just changed the default scheme and it fixed it. Wished I had tried that before, still, pretty stupid that that happened in the first place.

    Now I just want to figure out how to make the image centered in the slider, get rid of the little horizontal bars above and below, make it so clicking the image doesn’t take you anywhere, and remove the “powered by” message in the bottom corner (in that order of importance), so that I can be back to where I was two days ago. Then maybe I can get a better color scheme working without the whole theme breaking.

    Mod

    Kenneth John Odle

    #36769

    Changing the color settings shouldn’t break your site. Take careful notes, and be sure to enter proper code. If in doubt, we can help with that.

    “Breaking” your site can mean a lot of things. If you are more specific, we can be more specific.

    Almost everything in your second paragraph has been covered in this forum previously. Have you tried searching the forum?

    BTW, you can export Graphene theme options. You might want to do that before making any changes; then if something gets “broken” you can just reimport the theme options.

    Johnny Cache

    #36770

    I know that you can create a child theme to center the slider image, but with things being so seemingly fragile, I don’t want to use somebody else’s code that may not apply perfectly to my situation.

    That’s really cool about the export feature, I’ll have to do that once I get everything set up.

    So how do you center an image in the slider?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 34 total)

  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Graphene Themes Forum