Graphene Mobile Neo Theme Fails to Install under WP 3.5.1 – "…missing the style.css styleshee

• pauldfranklin

Just purchased and downloaded graphene mobile neo.zip, went to dashboard->appearance->install theme page, selected upload, picked zip to install, get the following message from WP:

Installing Theme from uploaded file: gmneo-package.zip

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme install failed.

Admin

Syahir Hakim

Hi Paul,

Please follow the installation instructions as outlined here:

https://forum.graphene-theme.com/graphene-mobile-neo/installation-instructions/

pauldfranklin

Sorry, I realized what I did seconds after posting. However, the theme is not working properly – the menu is laid out vertically down the page when viewing from an android phone, and overwrites the content, so it’s totally unusable.

pauldfranklin

Syahir,

I have been using the Graphene Mobile theme with the WordPress Mobile pack switcher, because I found the Mobile Smart switcher simply doesn’t work properly.

When I try to use graphene mobile neo, I run into a number of issues:

1. When I disable WordPress Mobile pack switcher, enable the neo helper plugin and enable Mobile Smart all my other plug-ins are automatically disabled! I have to manually go enable each of the plugins. This is not cool at all.

2. If I try to disable Mobile Smart – I can’t! It keeps getting re-enabled, presumably by the neo helper plugin. I have to diasable neo helper plugin first in order to disable Mobile Smart. This is also not cool.

3. If I try to use Mobile Smart with neo the site does not render properly at all on a mobile device. As I mentioned in my previous post, the menu items are listed vertically down the screen and overwrite other content.

4. This is on a new site with just a few plug-ins. If I disable ALL the plugins except Mobil Smart and neo-helper, it still renders improperly as in 3. above.

Thanks,

Paul

Admin

Syahir Hakim

Quote:
    1. When I disable WordPress Mobile pack switcher, enable the neo helper plugin and enable Mobile Smart all my other plug-ins are automatically disabled! I have to manually go enable each of the plugins. This is not cool at all.

This is a bug that I have just fixed. Update the theme to the latest version and you should be good.

Quote:
    2. If I try to disable Mobile Smart – I can’t! It keeps getting re-enabled, presumably by the neo helper plugin. I have to diasable neo helper plugin first in order to disable Mobile Smart. This is also not cool.

This is really to make it easy for less-savvy users so that the installation is as automatic as possible. But I’ll be adding an option to override that in the future.

Quote:
    3. If I try to use Mobile Smart with neo the site does not render properly at all on a mobile device. As I mentioned in my previous post, the menu items are listed vertically down the screen and overwrite other content.

If you have a lot of menu items, they won’t fit within the small width of a mobile device, hence overflowing the menu area. The theme provides its own menu locations in WP Admin > Appearance > Menus, so that you can create a separate custom menu that’s tailored specifically for mobile devices. The idea is that to either reduce the number of links in the menu, or use shorter text for the menu items.

If that’s not an option for your site, you can make use of the theme’s “Select” menu option in WP Admin > Appearance > GM Neo Options > Navigation Menu Options. This will create an HTML select element to list out all the menu items regardless of how many they are and still occupy the same amount of space. It will then make use of the phone’s native “select” element selection interface to navigate the site.

Quote:
    4. This is on a new site with just a few plug-ins. If I disable ALL the plugins except Mobil Smart and neo-helper, it still renders improperly as in 3. above.

Perhaps you could expand more on how you mean by the menu items listed vertically down the screen, or provide the URL where this is happening so that I can take a look?

pauldfranklin

Syahir,

Thank you for your very quick responses. The website is here:

http://gainsolarservices.com

Thanks,

Paul

Admin

Syahir Hakim

OK, that happens when you’re not using a custom menu and you have hierarchical pages (i.e. pages with children). As it is, the “Select” menu can’t be used for default menu. For the time being, you’ll have to create a custom menu and use that for the mobile menu.

I’ll add the ability to use the “select” menu element for default menu in the next update.

pauldfranklin

Okay, Thanks again for your great support!

Admin

Syahir Hakim

Marking thread as resolved. You can do this yourself as well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!