Graphene Child Theme problems
MY SITE: http://janprobst.com/
PROBLEM: Having difficulty installing child theme for Graphene theme.
THE STEPS I’VE TAKEN:â€¨
1. created a new directory called “GrapheneChild” in “wp-content/themes”
2. I uploaded a file named “style.css.rtf” which contains the following code:
/*â€¨Theme Name: Graphene Childâ€¨
Description: Child theme for the Graphene themeâ€¨
Author: Jan Probstâ€¨
3. Renamed this file: style.css
4. In my dashboard, went to Appearance/Themes to activate the child theme. The child theme is not there, and at the bottom of the page under “Broken Themes” is the following message:
“The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.â€¨Name Descriptionâ€¨Graphene Child The parent theme is missing. Please install the “graphene” parent theme.”
I have read numerous forum posts on this topic and just cannot figure out where I went wrong.
Please advise. Thanks!ModQuote:2. I uploaded a file named “style.css.rtf” which contains the following code:
This should be
style.css.rtf. Don’t use a word processor to edit text files; always use a text editor. Notepad++ on Windows is good.Quote:which contains the following code:
You are missing the
@importstatement. See this: http://docs.graphene-theme.com/Customisation_using_a_child_theme
You can just copy and paste from that page into your
style.cssand make changes as needed.Mod
Thanks for your help. I renamed the file via the rename function in my Cpanel.
I just uploaded a style.css.rtf file with this code:
Theme Name: Graphene Child
Description: Child theme for the Graphene theme
Author: Jan Probst
/* Your modification goes here */
THEN renamed the file as above.
Same problem. Same error coming up.
Maybe the problem is uploading a file with that extra .rtf and then renaming it. I’m using the text editor on a mac (not a word processing program) and it will not save the file without that extension.
I feel really stuck. Any other suggestions?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.