Graphene 1.8.1 Not Working in IE9

• balanced

I know that Graphene 1.8.1 is not the most recent version of the theme. But I’ve made edits that will be lost during the upgrade. So, I’m looking for another answer other than upgrading right now.

So, one of my websites, http://www.yulradio.com, will not load in IE9.

Any one have any ideas of what is happening?

Oh…I guess it would be alright to know for sure if an upgrade will fix my issue…

Mod

Kenneth John Odle

Try removing this:

<!--[if lte IE 7]>
    <style type="text/css" media="screen">
    #footer, div.sidebar-wrap, .block-button, .featured_slider, #slider_root, #nav li ul, .pie{behavior: url(http://www.yulradio.com/wp-content/themes/graphene/js/PIE.php);}
    .featured_slider{margin-top:0 !important;}
    #header-menu-wrap {z-index:5}
    </style>
    <![endif]-->

If not, try deactivating plugins to see if one of them is conflicting with IE9.

Quote:
    But I’ve made edits that will be lost during the upgrade. So, I’m looking for another answer other than upgrading right now.

Use a child theme:

http://docs.graphene-theme.com/Customisation_using_a_child_theme

balanced

Thank you, Kenneth. I removed the section you suggested and no change. But as you can see, I’d already commented that code out so, maybe I was already on my way to trying to put a band-aid on it.

Now, I’m about to take the plunge…

I will be updating my graphene theme to the most current version. I will create a child theme to incorporate any changes I’d made to the theme before.

Wish me luck…

Admin

Syahir Hakim

It doesn’t have to be so life-or-death (as far as the site is concerned) to update the theme. Take a backup of your site’s files and database, then create a development (or test) site and do all your experimentation there.

balanced

So, I’ve upgraded my graphene theme and still it doesn’t work in IE9. When I switch to another theme, IE9 works fine. I’ve ruled out plugins and I’m focusing on the theme. Any suggestions now why my site will not run in IE9? yulradio.com

Admin

Syahir Hakim

The theme’s demo site opens up fine in IE9, so it must be something in your site that’s causing it to not load in IE9. Have you tried deactivating plugins like Ken suggested?

balanced

Yes, I’ve tried un-activating plugins. None of them were the culprit. But when I changed to a different theme, works fine. Change back to graphene, not working anymore…

Admin

Syahir Hakim

Different themes won’t have all the widgets you have in the Graphene’s sidebars, nor the slider. Just because it works with other themes doesn’t necessarily mean that the root cause lies with the theme.

Try switching to single column mode to see if anything in the sidebar is causing the issue.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.