When I use the default Permalinks settings, the site works perfectly. If I change the Permalink structure to another setting such a “Post Name” (under the Settings>>Permalinks menu), I am am getting a 404 error for the initial landing page only. All of the other links seem to work fine.
– When I selected/tested any of the optional Permalink structures in the menu, I also updated the .htaccess file with the code provided in the window at the bottom of the page in the WP content manager.
– I am not using a static home page, and under the Settings>>Reading menu, the “front page displays” setting is set to “Your latest posts”
– I have tried turning off all plug-ins but the problem still existed.
– I switched to the standard Graphene theme instead of the child theme but the problem still existed.
– I switched to the twenty eleven theme and the problem went away.
– WP V 3.8 (in case you need that info)
I am not sure what to try next. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.
I THINK so. When I checked the site on another computer, it seemed to work fine. I should have done that b4 posting the request. I did all of the development work using a localhost and MAMP, then moved everything over to a GoDaddy server. I think think I may have some addressing issues buried somewhere in the site that is causing the error on my primary machine. I’m trying to find the source now…
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
This free Support Forum relies on contributions from our support staffs and fellow Graphene themes users. While we endeavour to provide adequate and timely support, due to its voluntary nature responses are not guaranteed and may be delayed.
If you require urgent assistance, you may like to consider our Priority Support option.