Child Theme Menu bars

  • TommyK

    #5463

    I’ve recently created a child theme to maintain the title of my page at the bottom of the header banner. All I have done is loaded up a css document with the correct code.

    However, I have lost the ability to have Menu sub-headers. Do I need to load up a php file? If so, what is a php file and how do I do it?

    Also, whilst we’re on the subject of menu sub-headers. Is there a recommended guide to how sub-headers work? I think I can only have a maximum of three, is this correct?

    Thanks

    Mod

    Kenneth John Odle

    #31947
    Quote:
    Do I need to load up a php file? If so, what is a php file and how do I do it?

    No.

    I’m not quite sure what you mean by “sub-headers”. Do you mean drop-down menus?

    Quote:
    Is there a recommended guide to how sub-headers work?

    If you mean “drop-down menus” this will help:

    http://blog.kjodle.net/2011/08/25/how-to-create-and-use-custom-menus-in-wordpress/

    Quote:
    I think I can only have a maximum of three, is this correct?

    I don’t think WP has a limit (unless it’s some binary number like 128). If you have trouble with menus or custom menus not showing up completely, it’s possible a WP memory limit issue.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.