December 15, 2011 at 8:25 pm #2645SaeedMember
Hi I’m new to both WP and Graphene.
I have done some website building and coding, so I’m not a total beginner, at least- can deal with css and html, but never used php or other codes…
Ok, I installed Graphene, tweeked some colors, etc. and have tried to use the hooks. Great theme and features! Here’s where I got stuck on details:
1. Header hook. I activated the header hook, added a widget. The widget DID go into the header. Awesome! But it lands on the top left side.
Q: how can I make the widgets go on the RIGHT side of the header?
2. Top bar hook. I want a simple menu in the top bar. I activated teh top bar hook, put in my menu widget. The menu DOES go in the top bar, but it’s a vertical list of links, on the right side. I want a horizontal menu- looking just like the main menu- on right.
Q: how do I get a horizontal-style menu, on right side, in the top bar?
3. Q: How do I make a drop down menu with my main menu?
Graphene says it supports a DD menu… but I don’t see how the heck to do it!
Do I have to add a dd. menu plug-in? OR what?
Thanks so much for this forum and your support/help!
The Graphene Theme is awesome overall…thanks! I just need to learn how to do some of these other details…
Cheers, LashDecember 15, 2011 at 8:56 pm #21224Kenneth John OdleModerator
1) A link to your site would be helpful. Otherwise, advice is more general and not specific.
2) Use Firebug.
1) You can control the position of any widget using CSS. There have been a number of recent threads about this in the past week or two; search around and I’m sure you’ll find what you are looking for.
2) Same as #1, although this will require a bit more work, since you want it to be horizontal. You’ll need to add a “float:left” to each item. Give it a shot, see how it looks, and then we can take a closer look if you still have issues with it.
3) By default, child pages will be the drop-down in a menu. If you want a drop down menu structured differently, you’ll need to use a custom menu, which gives you LOTS more options. Here’s a tutorial I wrote, which will tell you all you need to know about custom menus: http://blog.kjodle.net/2011/08/25/how-to-create-and-use-custom-menus-in-wordpress/
Try it out, and let us know about any specific problems you have.
KenDecember 15, 2011 at 10:34 pm #21225LashMember
BIG OMG- Ken!
thank you sooo much for your tutorial on using WP menus. Wow, did not know about moving the buttons inwards to make them sub-menu items! Awesome. Also cool that you can mix-match pages, posts, categories. perfect.
Thanks, too, for fireplug, info on making/using child themes…
About the changes to my hooks’ widgets- I did read that tutorial and still had my Qs. I figured it was a css change, but couldn’t figure out WHERE.. still dont’ know, but I’ll check around the forum first.
Sorry I didn’t give my website link. I will next time.
Thanks.. no, THANKS! more later, I”m sure.. 🙂 cheers, LashDecember 15, 2011 at 10:43 pm #21226Kenneth John OdleModerator
Here’s a way to position something wherever you want it (and I do mean WHEREVER): https://forum.graphene-theme.com/graphene-support/how-can-i-add-adsense-to-the-background-image-1#post-5040December 15, 2011 at 11:57 pm #21227LashMember
tHANKS! i’ll check them out. 🙂 cheers, Lash
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.