1.6 update – sidebar switched sides?

• zrowbd

as soon as i updated the theme to v1.6 my sidebars appeared at the other side of the screen. it’s configured to “right” and displayed on the left.

* I am using a RTL language website

I fixed this by setting up sidebar2 and configuring the LEFT sidebar to appear – so now it appears on the RIGHT side like i want it but i don’t think this is ideal 😛

and ideas?

Mod

Kenneth John Odle

Yes, there was some reorganization of the theme’s sidebars with 1.6. You can read about that in the theme’s changelog: http://dev.khairul-syahir.com/wordpress/graphene/documentation/changelog/

Modified sidebar placement so that sidebar1 will always be on the right in three-column layouts

I’m not quite sure how this is supposed to affect RTL sites, but it appears from yours that this is reversed: sidebar1 is on the left. Let us know if this becomes an issue.

zrowbd

I’m not sure it has anything to do with it because i’m not using a 3 column layout…

either way, it’s not REALLY an issue, it’s a minor bug that can be dealt with easily.. I just don’t want to worry about my sidebars every time I update the theme, i hope it would just be stable and consistent like it used to 😉

Anonymous

I just don’t want to worry about my sidebars every time I update the theme, i hope it would just be stable and consistent like it used to 😉

This is exactly why it was modified in the first place. Some people were experiencing issues when using sites which used single-column templates on some pages and double-column templates on others.

This adjustment is here to stay 🙂

zrowbd

that’s great, i’m fine with it.

but i find it hard to believe that for the sidebars will forever be reversed on RTL websites without any kind of notification / documentation / warning / heads up / additional code adjustment, if only for the sake of the other Graphene Theme users who are unaware of this issue…

anyway as far as i’m concerned this issue is “resolved”. thanks for the quick replies as always!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.