Return to Bug report

1.6 beta feedback

Home Forums Graphene WordPress theme Bug report 1.6 beta feedback

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi Syahir,

You don’t have a topic for 1.6 beta? Okay, I create this.

First I wanted to say that it was a good idea to let the user change the column width. In my opinion, Graphene is the best WordPress theme and with every update you make it a little better.

But I think there are some issues that you can improve:

1) In articles you could make a small border to left and right, like you made it on the top.

2) The fontsize of the posttitle was better in graphene 1.5.

3) The significantest of these three: In the new graphene (also on the homepage) is a big space between the posttitle and the text; and even more when I show the year of the date. Please make it smaller like it was in Graphene 1.5.

4) Perhaps you’ve already tried it, but I think the dateicon looks better, when you make it in blue-white instead of grey-black.

Thank you for this great free theme.

And is there any way to send PMs in this Forum?

Syahir Hakim
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    You don’t have a topic for 1.6 beta? Okay, I create this.

We have now moved from using the forum for reporting bugs and issues during the testing period to using a mailing list. This is so that everybody who subscribed to the mailing list will receive the same email that everybody receives. It makes it easier for anyone to contribute to the discussion, and so that the same issue isn’t reported twice.

You can subscribe to the mailing list here:

http://groups.google.com/group/graphene-theme-dev

Quote:
    1) In articles you could make a small border to left and right, like you made it on the top.

This, I believe is best left to the individual users to decide. It’s easy to add using Custom CSS.

Quote:
    2) The fontsize of the posttitle was better in graphene 1.5.

This is intentional to give more prominence to the title. It is also part of the layout refresh for that particular part of the layout (the horizontal line below the post title is removed, for example).

Quote:
    The significantest of these three: In the new graphene (also on the homepage) is a big space between the posttitle and the text; and even more when I show the year of the date. Please make it smaller like it was in Graphene 1.5.

I don’t think there’s too much space:

i1jxfs.png

However, there does seem to be a bit too much space when the year is included, so I’ve reduced the spacing by about 9px.

Quote:
    4) Perhaps you’ve already tried it, but I think the dateicon looks better, when you make it in blue-white instead of grey-black.

The grey-black icon is used so that it blends better regardless of how the user customises the theme’s colour. Many times I’ve seen the theme’s users customise the colours of the theme, and yet the date icon stays white and blue like a sore thumb.

Quote:
    Thank you for this great free theme.

You’re very much welcome 🙂

Quote:
    And is there any way to send PMs in this Forum?

Nope, bbPress doesn’t have that feature by default. I’m pretty sure there’s a plugin that can add that functionality, but I’ll only add it if there’s enough interest.

Tigeryoshi

Now on Google? I’ll look there later.

To 3) Okay, with categories it looks fine. But without there’s a big space.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.