1) Adding a 'Home' option to a custom menu and 2) header image URL

• wvictor

I would like to add a menu option to go to the home page. Does that have to be a custom link? seems like there would be an easier way. ie…how do I “call” up the front page?

Also, where would I modify (yes…I am using a child theme) the url that the header image goes to (I disabled the text). Normally it goes to the front page (and I guess a wordpress suffix is appended) but because of some redirect issues at my company (this is for an intranet) I would like to be able to customize where that header image goes to.

Thanks so much.

Mod

Kenneth John Odle

Second issue first:

Find line 120 in “header.php”. It should look like this:

<?php echo '<'.$title_tag; ?> <?php echo $style; ?> class="header_title">
    <a <?php echo $style; ?> href="<?php echo home_url(); ?>"
    title="<?php esc_attr_e('Go back to the front page', 'graphene'); ?>">
    <?php bloginfo('name'); ?></a></<?php echo $title_tag; ?>>

I’m no PHP expert (so this may not work), but see where it says href="<?php echo home_url(); ?>"? Change that to href="http://www.newaddress.com/"

First issue second:

I had this issue as well. If you are using a custom menu, yes, you can add a custom link to the home page to that custom menu. It’s fairly straightforward. If you aren’t using a custom menu for the navigation, it just shows up as the first link, before the links to all your pages. See my personal blog for an example.

Ken

wvictor

Thanks, Ken.

Would I add the modified text to style.css in my child theme or do I create another header.php file?

-Woody

Mod

Kenneth John Odle

2nd header.php

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.