&

• 13thJoerg

Any chance you can add some simple variables to the new post/page section so we can modify these html tags in the admin panel?

Thanks!

Admin

Syahir Hakim

What html tags are you referring to?

istrategy

Sorry about that i put in < meta keywords> and < meta description> into the title of the post but it came out as & it seams lol

Can you add the keywords and description tags? That would be very helpful for SEO purpose.

Thanks!

Admin

Syahir Hakim

Hurm…I’ll probably include this in the next update after 1.1

istrategy

Cool, thanks for that, will help everyone from SEO point of view

Thanks.

Terso

Hey, I just had to register purely for the sake of replying to this one thread… as I’ve been looking at your theme this evening and I quite like it so far, so I’d hate to see you waste your time on stuff which isn’t needed.

Meta tags are completely pointless for keywords, there is a lot of misinformation unfortunately floating around the web about SEO but luckily this one of my specialties and here I have for you a link direct from the source Google themselves:

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2009/09/google-does-not-use-keywords-meta-tag.html

And also (as Search Engine Land is normally really onto it):

http://searchengineland.com/meta-keywords-tag-101-how-to-legally-hide-words-on-your-pages-for-search-engines-12099

To quote from SEL:

“Overall, here’s the best advice I can offer anyone dealing with this tag. If you begin to feel confused, concern, tired or uncertain when pondering it, SKIP THE TAG ENTIRELY. It’s not going to hurt you to not have it, and it’s not worth the time fretting about it.”

Wish you the best and a Happy Christmas, keep up the good work!

Admin

Syahir Hakim

Thanks for the info, Terso, and for taking the time to register 🙂

daveporter

While I don’t completely disagree with Terso – it is worth pointing out that Google is not the only search engine – others do use the keywords – which is why I always include some.

And at the end of the day it only takes a couple of minutes and if Google doesn’t use them well no harm done !

cheers Dave

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.