I do understand your worries on this, I have to elaborate a little on what i am after: just because people have different screen sizes my main body, footer tekst/images and menu line will not be wider then 1080. But at the same time many people do have wider screens. It is about aesthetics so how to make an argument? To me the boundary of the body vs the background in graphene is not that nice.... it makes the website look caged in... not making use of the real estate many do have...also many themes/websites are totally adaptive to different screen sizes and that makes your argument a mute one. I do want to aim at a reasonable size for the body parts of the page. As to make it a nice experience for many also with bigger screens. Resizing the browser should be no problem at all with having the left and right side being relative and the middle absolute in width. the body will be in the centre anyway so resizing horizontally is not obliged at all. As a side point: I am sitting on a ton of nice photo's that I can use 1:1 with the communication accents I want to make with my site. They allow for a wide view if available... so why not?
- So how can I put the menu in the top bar? positioned to the body with of 1080 while
- having a header image of 1980, having a slogan that stays in the middle of the body text regardless of resizing
- same for pay off beneath the photo
- the body will have same color as background without any border between them (body with 1080)
- the footer will stretch the full width of the browser but logo and contact information will align to the body width.
You can not see the effect here I am looking after.