I agree with you that my coding capabilities are not in line with my professional capabilities...
1) I did use the CSS editor only to get to where I am, with not even to much code actually. but I agree This does not deliver and from a coding point of view does not cater for solid base.
2) I thought I saved png with transparancy... I'll have a look at it, Will reduce to 1080 and reduce height
3) The logo is part of the header png
I will start a child theme. (yet again a new area to tackle...)
What I want to do is:
1) Menu always on top line including logo
2) My landing page header will have 5 or 6 different version (like the forest one) which will use the grafpene randomiser to pick one;
3) Other pages will have a header less high then landing page
4) the pay off preferably should be just a text entry over a gray area but how to do this in conjunction with the random header? now it is just part of the png
5) My blog will have different header but same menu/logo on top of every page (no dropdown menus). (Do I need to start diffferent WP install for that to allow different header?)
6) preferably my site will be wider then 1080 but content/menu's are 1080 wide and are floating in the middle ("none") as to cater for small screens.
all your help is welcome and much appreciated